LISMORE PUBLIC HALL COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD THURSDAY 12 JULY 2007 AT 8.00PM

 

1. PRESENT: Archie MacGillivray, Anna Stewart, Gilly Dixon-Spain, Roger Dixon-Spain, Carol Wormleighton, Duncan Brooks and Liz Buckle.

 

2. THANKS: Archie led the thanks to those who had worked on the hall painting – including members of the public (who will be thanked personally).

 

3. APOLOGIES: Marie Carmichael and Sarah Campbell.

 

4. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD 7 JUNE 2007:

Adoption of the minutes of this meeting proposed by Roger and seconded by Duncan.

 

5. MATTERS ARISING:

Fridge has not been on much.

Artwork – will be organised with Caroline Willis for children to do in the Autumn term, on boards being prepared by Roger.

Hall floor: Roger will mix some floor sealer for use on floor scratches before the next summer dances.

Signs will be written and put up about cleaning obligations for people hiring hall.

 

6. TREASURERS REPORT: We have not made any payments out in the last month, paid in £1,000, holding £216 in cash, £640 due in.

£11,388 standing total.

 

7. CONTINUING PROJECTS: More outside painting is needed, planned for coming Sunday and Monday morning, using Duncan’s scaffolding towers.

Proposal to dig out front strip and fill with large pebbles on a Terram mat (Duncan to supply mat).

 

8.  CONVERSION TO COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE: No progress to report.

 

9. CHILD PROTECTION POLICY: Decision to put a policy into the conditions of Hall hiring – hirers must have had checks done and will take their own responsibility for Child Protection. Carol will insert suitable paragraph into conditions of letting along with other alterations, including a footwear clause.

 

10.  CAR PARK:

Land acquisition: Gilly read out an email from Gordon Seaton covering various points, including the need to clarify that the new gate will replace the existing one in the current location opening on to the road and not the car park. The Hall Committee accepted they will take responsibility for providing a new fence/gate and the ongoing responsibility for maintaining these in a stock proof state.

Gordon Seaton will be given the Committee members’ names as Trustees.

We have been successful in getting the CERS grant we applied for, for the full amount – it is clear that it must be spent this financial year.

 

Archie MacGillivray left the meeting for the remainder of this item:

New Fencing: Gilly will seek permission from Mr Combe to peg out the fence line and for permission to progress on the fencing and car park works.      

Assuming permission is given, Carol will make arrangements for the fencing work to be done, and contact Ronnie McColl.

The contract letter must make it clear that the contract for the car park surfacing is subject to the successful transfer of the land.

Contractor must take responsibility for digging drainage through road and maintaining the drainage strips.

Julian will be asked to follow up his previous contact with Glensanda to establish arrangements for their earlier offer of mixed sized hardcore.

 

11. SUMMER EVENTS: Detailed arrangements agreed for two dances on 20 and 27 July, with tasks listed in separate schedule.

 

12. MULL THEATRE: Carol has been contacted by them about putting on a ‘Bright Water’ event in the week of 5 November. Agreed for Carol to hire them the Hall at normal rates, and we will supply a tea.

 

13. AOB: Proposal to meet and discuss Hall development issues with the Gigha Development Officer – Roger will contact and invite him.

Need to make sure Pauline is sent all missing minutes to put on website (Gilly/Liz).

Duncan presented alternative electricity company rates, for future analysis and discussion on changing supplier.

 

14. NEXT HALL MEETING:

Thursday 2 August 8pm, subsequently changed to Tuesday 31 July at 8pm.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional