LISMORE PUBLIC HALL COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD THURSDAY, 16th NOVEMBER 2006 AT 7.30PM

 

1. PRESENT Gilly Dixon-Spain, Roger Dixon-Spain, Anna Stewart, Carol Wormleighton, Julian Wormleighton, , Denise Willis and Duncan Brooks.

 

2. APOLOGIES . Liz Buckle, Mary MacDougall

 

3. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD 25th OCTOBER 2006

Adoption of the minutes of the meeting held on 25th October 2006 proposed by Anna and seconded by Carol.

 

4. MATTERS ARISING

MAINS WATER   Duncan has spoken to Davie Meddes about the need for the mains water supply for the hall to run through his land. Davie did not indicate that there would be a problem.  Julian is to follow this up with a letter.

 

5. TREASURERS REPORT

The bank balance is £9,265.43  we are owed £600.

Roger is to pursue the set up of Gift aid.

There is still some confusion over the Doctors’ bill. Julian wondered whether it is paid in advance or arrears and suggested that Roger might find the answer in Treasurer’s files. Julian reminded the treasurer that the District Valuer recommended that the surgery pay a proportion of energy costs. Julian to supply Roger with copy of DV’s valuation report.

 

6. HALL IMPROVEMENTS

 

Kitchen Improvements

Julian has now plumbed in the new water heater, It is to be fitted with a time switch once the definitive kitchen improvements are undertaken. Julian and Duncan raised concern about the position of the soil pipe and agreed to seek the advice of a plumber. Grant Laird is still to visit to give a quote. Gilly asked if either Julian or Duncan could be present when he came over.

 

Car Park

SEERAD Have now had the request for a report from the Crofters Commission and expect to turn it round this week.. The Crofters Commission expect to decide on the application  about 2 weeks after receiving the SEERAD report.

Julian has received the quotation for civil engineering works from Archie MacGillivray which can now be submitted when the grant application is made. He passed this to Roger for safe keeping.

Julian is still awaiting a quote from Mr Seaton at Anderson Banks for the costs involved in the land transfer from Mr Combe to ourselves.

 

Grant Aid

The committee is happy that Liz , Gilly and Julian discuss the grant applications for Car park and Kitchen and make the applications ASAP.

Sarah Menzies has offered to come to one of our meetings  it was felt that this would be most useful for when we were discussing grant applications and should probably be at a special meeting for this purpose, probably in the new year.

 

Application for Crofting Community Development Scheme financial assistance

The application has been made on time and we await the result.

 

7. FEASIBILITY INVESTIGATION OF PROJECT FOR NEW BUILD

The committee discussed the New Hall project and will continue to think about  what would be ideal and gather information from the community. Julian recommended two publications available from the following web sites: A Green Guide to  Building for a Better Future by WREN. (www.wren.org.uk/assets/WREN_GREEN_GUIDE_FINAL_6.pdf) and Network for 21st Century a Practical Guide to Creating a Sustainable Community Building ( www.hie.co.uk/sustainable-building.html).

 

8.  COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE

Julian is still awaiting a quote from Mr Seaton at Anderson Banks despite several reminders. We cannot proceed without the grant from the Community Land Unit and the grant application cannot be processed without these figures.

 

9. CATERING FOR EVENTS NOT SPONSORED BY THE HALL COMMITTEE

After discussion it was decided that for now the committee would cater for outside events if requested on a case by case basis but that this would not include  Funerals which would continue to be catered by Denise Willis and Norma Black.

 

10. FORTHCOMING EVENTS

NEW YEAR DANCE

Band                                      Ian  Joseph MacDonald’s band ”Off the Rails” - fee £350 plus B+B (and evening meal?)                    

Start time                               9.30pm

Admission Charge                 £7.00Adult and £3.00 Child

Posters                                    Julian

Band Transport                     Duncan - to and from ferry and to B+B unless other transport is                                                         available

Band Accommodation          Mary and Pete Walker - to be paid by hall committee

Hall set up                              4pm.Tue 2nd January Anna, Duncan, Roger, Gilly, Julian, Carol

Bar Duty                                Duncan, Ali, Roger, Julian, Alison and others. Anna to ask Deirdre

Tea break                               Denise and Carol

Raffle                                      Gilly, Anna - prizes to include 2 x Lismore whisky and a basket of                                          fruit

Collection of admission         Roger and Archie -Julian to prepare tickets

Vote of thanks                        Roger at the end of the tea break

Sandwiches                            Gilly 2 x chicken  Denise 2 x Ham 

                                                Carol 2 x Tuna       Anna 1 x egg ,1 x  Cheese and Pickle

Baking                                    Roger, carrot cake      Carol, Ginger squares Denise, short bread    

                                                Liz TBA   Gilly, Fruit Loaf   Anna, Chocolate slab and custard creams

All the baking and sandwich ingredients to be sourced by the people making them.

Milk                                        Anna

Clear up                          11 am EVERYONE PLEASE    IT'S A BIG JOB

 

11.  A.O.B.

Julian is writing to Andy Law, Argyll and Bute Council, asking him to take another look at the proposed charge for rubbish collection.

Julian asked Denise if the cupboards in the waiting room were now empty as we wish to remove them to the basement ASAP. Denise will contact Pauline and empty them and them let us know so they can be moved. She will also contact the Nurse to find out what is to be done with the NHS Computer on top of the cupboard.

 

11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Thursday 18th January 2007 at 7.30PM

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional