LISMORE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TRUST WORKING GROUP

Minutes of Meeting held at 19.30, Wednesday  16th January 2008 in Lismore Public Hall

 

Present

 Jeremy Gilchrist, , Bob Hay, Yorick Paine, Julian Wormleighton, Mary Walker

 

Apologies                                                                                                                            

Mandie Currie, Roger Dixon-Spain, Mary Mc Dougal.  Charlie Jack has resigned alas.

 

Minutes to John Carmichael (by post), Mary MacDougall,

 

1. Minutes of the Last Meeting, 19th December

Action

1.1The Minutes were accepted without alteration. 

 

 

 

2. Consultation Day

 

Julian is to photocopy his prototype Big questionares on A1 paper

JW

Mary will give the introductory talk

It would be really helpful if all members of the working group are present on the consultation day to hover and help during the process and to set up an hour beforehand.

Bob will obtain print outs of Tiree and Kerrera reports for display material.

Mary Walker is to ask Jennette whether she can transport folk to and from the event.

Yorick to ask Norma about booking the mini bus for the day.

Yorick to ask Sarah to help with drinks    

Yorick has made big map of Lismore for people to stick ideas on

Julian to talk to John Carmichael about his  desired presence and help on the big day.

Bob to organise drinks and nibbles

 

  The general run of things will be as follows:  2 4pm                                                                         

  Intro - Mary

  Jeremy to talk for 5 minutes  on other trusts

  Walk and read and post it all around Julian to facilitate

  Brief read of other folks ideas.

  Dot it session

  Surmise with tea led by Mary Walker

  Same again but from 7-9pm

  For the evening surmising Mandy Currie will wrap the day up with a group discussion

MW

 

 

BH

MW

YP

YP

 

JW

BH

 

 

MW

JG

JW

 

 

MW

 

MC

3.      Contact with Existing Community Development Trust

4.      We had a meeting with Mark Jennison about the Tiree Development trust on the 9th of January.  The record of this can be viewed on the Lismore website.  Or ask member of the W.G. for a hard copy.

5.      Julian has been in touch with  Gigha Dev. Trust about the W. Group making a visit to Gigha in conjunction with Kerrera.  A date is to be finalised.

6.      The Mull visit needs more exploration as does the Easdale visit.

7.      Any organised visits will be sometime in February. 

 

 

 

 

JW

 

 

 

 

Any other Business

 

There will be a public Consultation feedback meeting on Friday the 29th of February followed by a ballot.  Details to follow.

Bob will ask the DTA about starting a Development Trust

There will be a newsletter written up with the results from the Big C day summed up.

Bob will contact the DTA about how to organise a ballot openly and transparently

 

 

 

 

BH

BH

BH

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6. Chair and Minute-Taker for next meeting

Wednesday 30th of January at 8.00pm.   Chair  - Mary Walker. 

Minutes Jeremy Gilcrest

 

MW

JG